Monday 29 March 2010

A lovely weekend but not one card made.... Just lots of smiles.

I’m very tired today!

Came home yesterday from a weekend away playing at my other hobby in life. Costuming. I have had a fantastic weekend spent with my fellow costumers at the Memorabilia show at the NEC in Birmingham. We are all part of the UK Garrison (501st Legion) who are a Star Wars costuming group. Here in the UK though we also have our TV & Film costume area of the garrison of which I am a part of. This is me (back row far right) with my Stargate SG1 Team Members.



The costuming group attends lots of events and shows around the country and in doing so helps to raise money for chosen chairties.  So we get to meet new people and friends, have fun and do something good too.

And as it happens while the Memorabilia Show was on, so was the Hobby Crafts show along with the Sew For Pleasure show (I think it was called) so needless to say during one of my lunch breaks I took one of my costuming friends in with me and hit the Hobby Crafts show at lightning speed. I picked up a couple of bits ( I was very restrained) but mostly they were for my mother in law as she does a lot of cross stitch.  My friend also came away with something so I have now got someone else finding thier inner creativity!!

More cards very soon.

Take care for now.

1 comment:

  1. What fun being a SG1 member!. thanks for visting my blog and I am now a follower of yours. It must be something about the name elaine. xx

    ReplyDelete