Sunday 14 March 2010

Many Perfect Pairs

This month’s workshop is in line with Stampin' Up's March promotion entitled Perfect Pairs - A stamp set and a matching punch.

I want to give my group the opportunity to use all of the promoted stamps sets and their matching punch. So to keep things a neat, I decided on working with one colour scheme throughout.

I chose a pack of the Tea & Crumpets Designer Series Paper (DSP) and worked with the 4 colours in the pack:-

Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke and So Saffron.

Here are some of my samples ready for next week’s workshop:-

This card incorporates not only all 4 colours, but also the DSP and 2 punches.  The butterfly is made by stamping Chocolate Chip onto SU White Vellum Card Stock . 

The scallop square is stamped in Always Artichoke onto white cardstock and is from the "Say it with Scallops" stamp set.
Wish upon a star, with this fabulous and very simple card. 

This is a great card for a teenager; it is simple, sassy and fun!

Something a little more classic, using the Scallop Square punch and "Say it with Scallops" stamp set.  I added a gold brad to one of the flowers on the "hi" square, punched random squares from the DSP, stamped the thank you message twice once in Chocolate chip and once in Always Artichoke. 

I added the centre of the chocolate chip directly onto the Always Artichoke stamped image. A little ribbon knot to the pink square just finishes it off.  I did cheat a little - I used one punch not in the promotion. 
Can you guess which one?


Enough Said? No Simply Said......



The one above and the one below are both from the beautiful "Simply Said" stamp set.  Both incorporate the fabulous DSP.  In the top one I have coloured in the flowers using my "Many Marvelous Markers in Pretty in Pink and So Saffron.  The little dots in between are in Always Artichoke.









This is one and the same card - the one on the left was taken with the flash, the one on the right without.  I wanted to be able to show you that in the centre of the card there is a raised heart.

The whisper white background has the flowers stamped in Always Artichoke but they are not coloured in.
I stamped the same image in Always Artichoke on to a separate sheet of Whisper White cardstock, coloured in the flowers and punched part of it out with the Full Heart Punch.  Using my Stampin' Dimensionals I raised it up before placing it over the same image on the card.

I hope you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment