Tuesday 8 February 2011

It’s all about the Garden…

Well I don’t know about you, but I love the garden when it’s in bloom.  All the beautiful spring &  summer flowers that we have!  Unfortunately though Spring and Summer are still a way off, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have flowers!
I love this card!  It’s made using the beautiful Cottage Garden Stamp set (Page 53 IB&C 2010-2011) and the coordinating Designer Series Papers Sunny Garden.
Cottage Garden 1
The Cottage Garden Stamp set is a Two-Step stampin’ set, and should be used in conjunction with the Stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure that the dark outlines for the flowers sit perfect to the lighter background colour on the flowers.  Only I couldn’t put my hands on mine while making this card, but to be honest, I quite like the bit of white showing through. 
I stamped the greeting on another piece of DSP and punched it out using the Extra Large Oval punch (No 17, Page 105 IB&C 2010-2011).  I love the versatility of the DSP.
A touch of Gold Elastic Cord (Page 96 IB&C 2010-2011) and there you go, a little bit of  Summer Garden.
Back Soon
Elaine x

No comments:

Post a Comment