Thursday 3 February 2011

One for the Men, Sale-a-Bration Style

 

Well I don’t know about you but I often find it hard to make a men's card.  Not because Stampin’ Up! hasn’t got anything for the men, but just because there are so many pretty colours, ribbons, bling…Did I say ribbon?

So I set myself a goal to produce a men's card that incorporated ribbon and a little bit of bling! 

And here it is…..

 

HAppy Birthday SAb Punch Bunch

I used Marina Mist ink for the Scallop Square from the Punch Bunch SAB set, and punched it out with the Scallop Square Punch – I just love our punches!

The cardstock is Marina Mist, Whisper White and Certainly Celery.  I added Certainly Celery 5/8” Grosgrain Ribbon across the centre of the Marina Mist piece of card and wrapped the ends around the back to neaten off the edges.  I think flat strips of ribbon or a knot of ribbon does work well on a  card for a man rather than ruffles or bows.

Using the Corner Rounder punch (No 41 Page 106 IB&C 2010-2011) i rounded off 3 out of the 4 corners on all of my cardstock.  And in the bottom right hand corner just a small touch of Bling from the Rhinestone Jewels (Page 99 IB&C 2010-2011).

So there you have it, a mans card with ribbon & bling!

Don’t forget you can get hold of any of the products that I have used here through me.  Contact me at anytime to place your order.

Back Soon

Elaine x

No comments:

Post a Comment