Sunday 31 July 2011

Amour

 

Artistic Etchings…..This was the set that I won last year at the 2010 Convention.  It’s such a gorgeous set and yet is one of my under used ones.  So I thought I’d have a hunt around the net and see what was out there. 

I came across the fabulous blog of  Darlene McCallum who is a Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator from  Alberta, Canada and this design from her blog……

P1030391

I just love the way she has used the 1/8” (3mm) Taffeta Ribbon to edge the banner across the card.  It’s just so effective.

And here is my take on it.  I used Very Vanilla, Old Olive and Early Espresso cardstock.  The Key and Crown are stamped in Old Olive onto the  Old Olive cardstock.  The emblem and banner are stamped in Cherry Cobbler on the Very Vanilla cardstock.

DSC01754

The slight difference is that the Scallop Circle Darlene used is larger so her emblem has a border around it.  And I haven’t used the pearls on my one as I wanted it to be a little more masculine.

I hope you like it.

See you soon

Elaine x

No comments:

Post a Comment