Tuesday 22 May 2012

Sometimes you just need to not think….

 

Did you like the stamp set I used before in the Blog Hop post? You did? Great! I've got more projects to come in a blog post really soon!

Well as I said in my last post, I have been making lots of different projects for you to see and here are a couple more.  This time using the stamp set Tea Shoppe!

Tea Shoppe - Wood-Mount Stamp

I really really love the set, but I have to admit….I had a complete crafters block when I sat down to use it. It drove me nuts for 2 whole days! I just didn’t know what I wanted to do with it, what colours would work well. So I got Nothing, Nada, Zilch!

So instead of trying to create a card, scrap page or 3D project, I grabbed my box of scraps and just stamped, cut, die cut, punched and textured! I had no real thought of what I wanted at the end of it and just ended up with a pile of stamped images and elements that sort of just fitted.

The first card I have for you was my first idea after the crafters block…Not my favourite but main part I do like is the “steam” coming from the cup….

DSC02574

I used the swirled from the very gorgeous Everything Eleanor and stamped in Basic Grey onto Whisper White. The cup was then stamped in Rich Razzleberry directly onto the Whisper White so that I could make it look like the cup had swirly steam coming out.

As I had stamped 2 of the cups I cut another out minus the handle and applied Stampin Dimensionals to the back, 1 layer thick on the edge of the cup and 2 layers thick in the middle. When I mounted this above the one already stamped, the dimensionals gave the cup a curve look just like a real cup has.

DSC02575

I popped this onto a Rich Razzleberry card based and added little Basic Rhinestones to the flower centres just for a little bit of bling. I’m still toying with the idea of adding some Dazzling Diamond Glitter to the steam. What do you think?

My next one for you uses the little tea cups from the set. Aren’t they just so sweet?

DSC02576

I stamped them in Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink.

I had die cut a Top Note using the Big Shot and then ran it through again using the Square lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

DSC02581

The greeting was stamped in Regal Rose and punched out using the small Oval Punch. I punched a small hole in and attached it using our new Whisper White Bakers Twine! Did you know we have this in several colours, but the white can be coloured using your Stampin’ Up! Markers so you can have bakers twine in any colour you like?

I then mounted the little tea cups on and attached the top note onto a Pretty in Pink card base.

I hope you like the cards I have made to show you. Just remember, we all suffer with creative block….or a loss of our creative mojo at times. Sometimes it just helps to just play with our stash without a project in mind and just see where those stamped images and dies cuts fall.

More to come soon.

Take care, and Happy Crafting!

ElaineSmithSignature_byAngieWhalley12

No comments:

Post a Comment